Depression is a common mental disorder. Globally, more than 350 million people of all ages suffer from depression. And if you are one of them, then do not worry, people care for you and we are one of them! Remember, that sadness is temporary and this phase of your life too, will pass! So let’s get started, here are 5 quick ways how you can heal depression and get away with the gloom and dejection that you face!
5 WAYS TO GET A HEALTHY MIND:
- TALK TO SOMEONE; SAY IT: “Depression is a prison, where you are both the suffering prisoner and the cruel jailer.” Do not let this happen to yourself. Talk it out! Be it your best friend or sibling. Let out all your concerns and misery to someone. They may be able to help you out and understand you. Do not hesitate and share, explain what you feel. This is a therapy in itself and is one of the basic ways of self healing!
2. MEDITATE: “Where there is peace and meditation, there is neither anxiety nor doubt.” So, what is the wait now? Time to connect to the calmer you, the part of you which isn’t agitated. Connect to your soul and balance out all your low spirits and despair!
3. IT IS OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY: Don’t stress on the simple fact that you are not okay. Yes, you might not be okay but yes, you will be. Your body, soul and mind is no less than a flower and you my friend, your job is to water it. Let it bloom!
4. LEARN AN ART FORM: “Art is the highest form of hope. “ Soo, what do you love to do? Is it dancing, singing or anything else that makes you alive!? Do what you just enjoy and makes you happy. This will, distract you from all the thoughts that are popping up in your mind and also you will learn something new! Flaunt about and gather yourself up!
5. HONEY, YOU ARE MASTER PIECE: “You largely constructed your depression. It wasn’t given to you and thus, you will deconstruct it from yourself.” Hey you! Did you know that you’re very special? There is no other person in this world like you. You deserve to be loved not only by those around you but by the most important person in your life — YOU. Depression is all about self-negligence and not giving yourself much attention! So just start to pamper yourself! Learn to love the skin you’re in. Don’t believe everything you think. There is an inner critic inside of us trying to keep us small and safe.
We hope that you found this useful. BIG BANG SPOT!
Writer: Vrinda Bawej; Editor: Bhumika Mewati & Shivani Alka